Saturday, February 6, 2010

More light-stands! Wait...More?


Yea, yea, yea, there is more light stands that I purchased, and for good reason. Again people who are thinking about doing this kind of craft you got to admit to take photos like (wait I have not even given examples on my blog! I gotta fix that...) this you must buy the tools to pull it off. Sure you can hold off, stop your progression and use what you got and see how far you can get, and that perfectly fine! But to get my shots down I need certain gear to get what I have in my head, down onto a camera, to my computer, and to my clients. Also having the right gear in your bag and rolling with it is better than getting gear that limits you and you just have to hold back on your ideas. I normally say too much of anything is never good, but for photography of my style, barely there.


Anyway on to the new stands! They are compact guys to go into a backpack I am making. It allows me to go anywhere quickly and efficiently rather than bringing a trunk full of stuff! I trust allot of my equipment on Manfrotto/Old Bogen gear because they are solid stuff. The stands this time are two newer Manfrotto Nano Stands. They are 20 inches folded up and extend up to 7 feet. With a few compact 43" umbrellas, I have a great portable kit to play around with. They are also very light and that can be a good or a bad thing. If you are carrying them on your back, its a perk, but if you want it to be stable? Not such a good idea unless you are indoors and there are little things to get in your way.
More updates later tonight!

1 comment: