Friday, February 12, 2010

BAC Monthly Wingstop Meet!

Well yesterday was the BAC Monthly Wingstop meet. It was supposed to be held on the first Thursday of February, but due to weather we rescheduled the date a week later. Today was a great day for pics, besides, the wind, and the cold, or maybe it wasn't a good day at all.... But my pictures were GREAT! Today I was playing around with my lights with no gels using everything from my 60" Westcott umbrellas to my smaller 35" umbrellas, using all my speedlights, and just placing them ANYWHERE!!
 

Some highlights I took some pics of my buddy Richie acting as he is larger than life in this picture. I used a 60" umbrella as a key at I think 1/4th power from a 580exII from camera left while a 35" umbrella had a SB-28DX at 1/8th power as some fill on the right. Camera was set at ISO 200, 1/60 shutter, and f8 to control the flash for a decent exposure of Richie.You can see that the 580 is a little hot, but I liked this picture so much I had to show it as my beginning use of my umbrellas for portraits. I look forward to taking a bunch more!

1 comment: