Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wekfest....BACK IN FEBRUARY 28!!!

CRAP ANOTHER LATE POST! Eh, it really does not matter since I am just posting things up to share with everyone about my progress. This post is about the fun I had at WEK'FEST 2010 in San Fransisco. This Place was PACKED, like 2 to 3 times over the fire code of how many people should be at this event. But who cares? The meet was pretty smooth with lots of cars, girls, and the most DSLR's I have ever seen in one place outside Superbowl coverage photos.

This event I couldn't really shoot as much as I wanted since there was so many people around me! Literally there is someone always to any side of you! At times with some cars there was a photographer to the left, right, in back of me making me feel awkward, and someone in front of me ruining my shots, or someone below my legs getting some weird angles! If someone managed to be above me then I think I would of left this event... But this event was too awesome to leave so what I chose to use with this kind of environment was my Camera with a standard zoom. Since I cant go super wide or telephoto awesomeness it was the best choice paired up with a Manfrotto Nano Stand with my 580exII Flash as a slave perched on it gave me all the light I really needed. I could of had another flash but managing two light stands with this crowd is too difficult.



One of the reasons for using the 580ex is because it can work in a wireless slave mode with my Canon 7D. Using flash exposure compensation (FEC) I got the lighting I needed from this powerful 580ex. Now that I think of it, if I had another one these pictures would be twice as awesome! I aimed the flash head to the white painted ceiling and that gave me some cool light since when the light from the flash hitting the ceiling its pretty large as it comes down on a car. When you look at these pictures, my choice of FEC is totally subjective and it changes to shot to shot. The fact im shooting with ETTL, there is no knowing what the camera thought was appropriate in terms of power for the shot so when you use FEC check your screen and see how it effected your picture.

1/20 f5 ISO400

1/20 f5 ISO400

1/80 f2.8 ISO400

1/25 f8 ISO400

1/25 f8 ISO400

1/20 f8 ISO400

1/60 f5.6 ISO200 
Borrowed another 580ex from another photographer and used it on him to show my wireless ability! Ratio is 1:4

Stay tuned for more of what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment