Saturday, April 17, 2010

Evergreen Photoshooot. When I did it in Mid March


Yea, it’s an old event I did, but it deserves a spot on my blog. They are really nice photos that I took at Evergreen Valley College in San Jose with a friend named Arlin Wong, an aspiring photographer like myself that has an affinity with cars.

We decided to go to Evergreen College because it was just convenient. With the sun high in the sky, and hardly any clouds we first decided to drive in the back roads of the neighborhood and see what we could do for a photo shoot. Arlin took the liberty to do action shots as we were driving, but I decided to take a chance and do a photo shoot once we stopped. Basically because I was the driver, and I hope Arlin reciprocates and helps me out.

This shot was taken at the end of the road. I told one of Arlins friends to park their car in the shade to try out some outdoor shoots. This was done because the sun was way too bright and I could not really compete with it to make some dramatic lighting. Instead I used my surroundings primarily the trees to give me some good shade to knock down the background brightness by a few stops and to hit the car in question with some flash. I had the use of some human Light stands and I gave them each a Nikon SB and told them to aim it at the cars lights. It was a good quick and dirty shot because we quickly had to leave. These shots have minimal editing, just wanted to give it a try.

 1/80 f16 ISO 200 Flash set at 1/2
Note: Since it cant be helped there is an electrical pole, dispite how I dislike it, we could photoshop it out later in post.

 1/60 f16 ISO 200 Flash set at 1/2
Angle I chose wasn't as good, but needs better lighting to evenly lite the car.

 1/60 f16 ISO 200 Flash set at 1/2
Angle is getting better but still two Nikon SB's were not enough.

After standing around, now it was time to go to the College! Sadly I didnt take much pictures, but some of them were really good! I got to see a really slammed Mercedes Bens! I did some unique lighting techniques to really make it pop. In my opinion my shots almost have a HDR quality to them because of how I quickly tried to balance the light.

1/250 f8 ISO 100
Where I lighted the car was to take just two Nikon SB's and have them attack whe wheels where i had some on camera flash for fill on the bumper.

 This is a look of how the lights were kind of set up. Yep, just on the floor did fine.

Next I had to do some people shots. This is of my friend Alex and Vince. I took these shots with on camera flash aimed right at their faces. Kind of harsh but I think using flash exposure compensation on aperture priority did just fine.


 
1/250 f5 ISO 100 used +1/2 FEC  -1 EV
 1/250 f5 ISO 100 used +1/2 FEC  -1 EV
I think that is it for now. Stay tuned for more coverage of what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment