Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First of a 3 Flash Set Up

 Apparently I posted this  before I finished it, so here it is finished!

1/200 f5.6 ISO200

This is the first time shooting with cross light with a hair light for myself. I hope to make a boom to do this all the time in the furniture since my human boom, Arlin Wong, wont be there all the time.

What was used was three of my Nikon SB-28's on Manfrotto grip equipment and lighting stands aimed at my friend Tom, a Honda S2000 owner. These series of photos was just a quick experiments too see what I can do with direct camera flash while photographing cars at Honda S2000 event. So far so good, but its extreamly rough to me. Check out later to see more of my work with 3 lights.

 
By all means this isnt the greatest of photos But this is the light set up: 3 Nikon SB-28's with Cybersyncs, 2 Manfrotto Nano Stands, lasty one superclamp and a tent leg ass seen in the photo. The first shot was with only the Nikon SB at the wall, seccond shot was the wall and the SB on my camera right, and lastly the third is a quick use of a hairlight. Check out how the test was.

1/200 f5.6 ISO200
Note: One flash at a wall
1/200 f5.6 ISO200
Note: One flash at a wall and one flash to his right. Subject moved more to camera right

1/200 f5.6 ISO200
Note: One flash at a wall, one flash to his right, and one flash above his head to try and show his hair.
This is but a start and with light modifiers would make some pretty drammatic photographs!

 Here is a sneak peak of what I tried to so with my speed lights for cars!

Check back to see more of what I do with these flashes!



1 comment: