Sunday, January 31, 2010

Manfrotto Super Clamps Are Here!



Hey all. Now I have a special piece of hardware that I think I will have a great love using in my work. This glorious piece of hardware is called a Manfrotto Super Clamp. These things are used allot for rigging up something, mostly lighting, and I see them allot in plays/theater applications. Currently, they are only thing I can do with a clamp is to make a "ghetto boom". What I did is take the clamp and put it on my Manfrotto 3336 stand, and then took another stand and clamped it into the jaws of the super clamp and fastened it. It look like a crazy crane designed to build a skyscraper! but if i put a future softbox or umbrella, it will give a unique look to my photo no doubt.



Later on for these guy is to hold my speedlights onto doors, poles, railings, tables, virtually anything that is less than 3 inches thick, and I can get a secure fit for some lighting things. Sadly, that wont happen till I get at least two main pieces of hardware to make it happen, and that would be the swivel/umbrella bracket, and a cold shoe for the flash. I hope it comes in soon! It looks like February 3rd is going to be the day of experimentation using flash since that when my box of GOODIES come in! I look forward to updating my blog with all those bits!

Also this thing can be used to hold my camera if i dont have a tripod! That is, if it buy the other bits! Many what an expensive business I am taking on!

Take care all! Hope the info is good reading for you guys, and I am anxiously awaiting the day I get some light modifiers in!

No comments:

Post a Comment