Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Commercial shoot of a VW for my portfolio.

IMG_9021

This was a fun for me to photograph a car! But there is one thing you got to make sure, and that is to bring you friggin camera! When I did this photoshoot to help my portfolio, out of all things to forget for the first time is the camera! If I missed out on a light or two, that would be okay since I could improvise where as the camera is the star of the operation! Well, besides the talent behind the viewfinder holding down the shutter button! So after getting stuck in traffic to pic it up and embarrassment I am for sure not going to forget it!

This shot was done at sunset, and that is ideal time for me to take sun photographs. Most of the time I have taken night shots since I had no opportunity with clients in the day due to an hourly job I have and my education, but this time I made arrangements to make this possible to spice things up instead of constant night shots! This totally means more creative locations are going to happen at least for my automotive and motorcycle photography!

What I did is expose for the sky and fill in parts of the car flash by flash to coat the car with an even amount of light. I chose eventually to expose more for the sun, since im shooting right at it. For the flashes, using all of them is way to complicated and confusing so I work my way flash by flash to craft this photograph. The rest is mostly editing to make sure the car looks clean and pulls off the commercial look.

So far the client is satisfied and I will be getting more jobs in the future! Sweet! I will keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment