Sunday, May 9, 2010

Old Pics of Honda S2000's with 4 speedlights

On April 25th I had a surprise invitation from a local photographer and S2000 owner about a meet in the bay area for just the Honda S2000! After having my new flashes for little under 2 weeks by then, I had to give it a shot. These were some of the first tests using these flashes to try to Highlight and fill in certain areas of a car.

Total flashes were used was 4 comprised of 3 Nikon SB-28DX's and one 580ex on my camera itself. All the shots were using direct flash. With harsh sun, it work with me to light up a car. The technique is to take a picture of the car and then use the flashes to fill in areas that you think need some help with more light, and hopefully you know what to look for and you got a picture.

This is the some of the first attempts I have had using these many flashes, and honestly I need more but that is ok since I have 6 Nikon SB-28's. With this kind of light set ups and using them directly to make them cover large areas I have to move them back from my subjects and zoom the flash head out. Sadly these small flashes cant compete with the sun, but they could in key areas like wheels and grills, and other tight darn areas. In general most of my flashes are zoomed to the widest being 24mm and putting them as close as I can to the car to make use of them without them being in the frame. Currently I still don't have Photoshop, so sometimes a light stand leg get in there, but that isnt much a problem for me since this isn't for something in return so I can take it easy. The Nikons generally fill wheel areas while another hits the front then I try my best to use my 580ex to fill in more areas that the Nikons miss. Check out the results from my first attempts!

1/250 f8 ISO200

1/250 f8 ISO200

1/250 f8 ISO200

1/250 f11 ISO200

1/250 f11 ISO200

1/250 f11 ISO200

1/250 f9 ISO200

 One example of light set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment